Terms and Conditions of Sale of Thermae Palace Hotel
Thermae Palace Hotel only accepts reservations made by people that are 18 or older. Thermae Palace Hotel reserves the right to refuse a reservation at any time without having to give a reason. After making a reservation You will receive a confirmation and the invoice by e-mail.
2. Room rate
All prices are expressed in euros.
The price of the room includes the following:
- 6% VAT
- A stay in the booked room type
- Daily cleaning of Your room and bathroom
- Use of the wireless internet
The price of the room does not include the following:
- Use of the sauna (€30,- per turn)
- Parking space (€12,50 per night)
- Tourist tax (€2,12 per room and per night)
When determining the number of people per reservation period the maximum number of people spending at least one night in the room shall apply. Leaving the hotel prematurely will not result in the reimbursement of any tourist taxes and other surcharges.
When booking Your stay You must pay the total invoice amount (price of the room, tourist tax, environmental levies, service charges – if any – and additional charges). You can pay the amount due:
- Via telebanking to the bank account number Iban: BE98 2800 4851 5393 - Bic: GEBABEBB.
- By means of regular bank transfer.
Your booking is confirmed after upon receipt of your payment.
4. Modification costs
When, after making Your reservation, You wish to alter Your reservation, Thermae Palace Hotel will not be obliged to comply with these modifications. It is at the sole discretion of Thermae Palace Hotel whether and to what extent those modifications are accepted. In principle alterations within 1 week of Your arrival are not allowed. For every alteration of a reservation already made up to 1 week before your arrival modification costs amounting to €10,- per room shall be charged. If You change to a less expensive period or room or in case of a (partial) cancellation within 1 week before the start of Your stay, You shall be obliged to pay the original invoice amount. If after Your reservation of more than one room You wish to reduce the number of rooms, the cancellation policy as specified in article 5 shall apply.
- Upon the receipt of the reservation confirmation, you may renounce it within 24 hours, starting from the postage date.
- If You cancel Your stay more than 4 weeks before the start of Your stay, 50% of the total invoice amount shall be due.
- If You cancel Your stay 4 or fewer weeks before the start of Your stay, the total invoice amount shall be due.
- If You leave the hotel before the actual departure date, the total invoice amount shall be due.
- When there is a discrepancy between 5 a. and 5 c. then 5 c prevails.
The payment of the amounts determined under b and c must be received by Thermae Palace Hotel within 7 days after the invoice date at the latest.
6. Hotel regulations
In order to ensure that the stay in the hotel is as pleasant as possible for all of our Guests, all Guests need to observe the regulations (of conduct) as stipulated by the hotel. The regulations are available at the reception of the Thermae Palace Hotel.
Pets are not allowed in the hotel. If you do bring pets in the hotel you will be evicted from the hotel, without any right to reimbursement of the invoice amount or any part thereof.
Smoking is not allowed in the hotel, the fine for smoking is ste at €250,00.
If you infringe upon these rules and regulations you may be evicted from the hotel, without any right to reimbursement of the invoice amount or any part thereof. Thermae Palace Hotel reserves the right to change the organisation and opening times of its facilities. We would also like to inform You that maintenance work may be carried out in the hotel during Your stay. This will not give You any right to any compensation whatsoever.
7. Force majeure
Force majeure on the part of Thermae Palace Hotel exists in case the execution of the agreement is fully or partially, whether temporarily or not, prevented by circumstances outside of the control of Thermae Palace Hotel, including but not limited to the threat of war, staff strikes, blockades, fire, floods and other disruptions or events.
From September 2016 on the hotel cannot guarantee your reservation, because of the European Survey Procedure for the hotel building and the site. If your reservation cannot be honoured the customer will be warned as soon as possible and the deposit will be paid back at once. Furthermore the hotel does not owe any compensation or cost to the customer even if the reservation is only cancelled on the day of arrival.
- Thermae Palace Hotel shall not be held liable for the following:
- theft, loss or damage, of any nature whatsoever, during or as result of Your stay in the hotel. When You have broken or damaged something, You must report this to the reception desk and pay Your debt. In this way You will avoid having the amount invoiced to You at a later date and additional administrative costs being charged to You;
- defective or inoperative technical equipment and the failure or closure of facilities in the hotel.
- The person making the reservation and the person/people accompanying him/her are severally liable for any loss and/or damage caused to Thermae Palace Hotel and/or any third party as a direct or indirect result of the former’s stay, irrespective of whether this was caused by any action or negligence by them themselves or any third party staying in the hotel as a result of their invitation, as well as for any damage caused by an item whatsoever in their possession.
- In the case of any incorrect use of the room and/or not leaving the room in the correct condition, additional (cleaning) costs shall be charged.
Despite Thermae Palace Hotel’s best efforts, it may be possible that You have a justified complaint. This complaint must be discussed in the hotel and directly with the Management, in order to give the Management the opportunity to solve any problems immediately. If Your complaint is not solved to Your satisfaction, You must submit Your complaint in writing within 1 month after Your date of departure from the hotel to firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Photographs and videos
When either a Guest or a person accompanying him/her or present in the hotel by his/her doing, or a day visitor, accidentally appears in a photograph and/or video taken or recorded for inclusion in an Thermae Palace Hotel publication and/or on an internet site of Thermae Palace Hotel, it is presumed that he/she approves of the use of the photograph and/or video in the publication and/or on the internet site, even when he/she is recognisable in the respective photograph and/or video.
The contracting party is Restotel Nv, Koningin Astridlaan 7, 8400 Oostende. Correspondence can be addressed to: Thermae Palace Hotel, Koningin Astridlaan 7, 8400 Oostende. These Terms and Conditions shall apply to all reservations made directly or indirectly at Thermae Palace Hotel.